Coffee mornings are a great opportunity to meet fellow parents and feedback to the Senior Leadership Team.
Parent feedback is hugely appreciated, be it positive, or ideas for improvement. Please find a selection of the feedback we have received;
What’s working well at school at the moment?
- “Communication - emails and text messages help keep us updated." (Nursery Parent)
- "All of the staff!" (Reception Parent)
- "First one is thank you and keep doing what you are doing! Everyone around is friendly and have big welcoming smiles." (Nursery Parent)
- "Keep up the great work!" (Reception Parent)
- "Online homework is working well for my children." (Year 1 and Year 3 Parent)
- “Great engagement with children. As far as I am concerned, given my child’s homework every week is great. Looking forward to next year.” (Reception Parent)
- “The communication is working very well. Texts and emails are easy to respond to and I always get a quick reply. I enjoy looking through the Twitter feed too.” (Year 5 Parent)
- “Communication is working very well. I really like the text message service. And having the teacher's email is really good to have that direct contact.” (Year 4 Parent)
- “Relationships with teachers are working well.” (Year 3 Parent)
- “The communication with the teachers and the online learning is good. The help my child receives from their 1:1 staff member.” (Year 2 Parent)
- “There is good communication. Homework is clearly set on Google Classroom. It is great seeing all of the teachers in the morning for them to say good morning. The coffee morning is great. It’s really lovely seeing all parents communicate together, sharing ideas.” (Year 5 Parent)
- “Communication from school is excellent so far, I am given feedback about my child’s work. So far, I think this is a great school, the children are happy, sociable and caring. Staff are professional and approachable.” (New Year 2 Parent)
- “The communication to parents in general and one on one is fantastic. I don’t feel like there is anything going on in the school that I’d miss and, likewise, nothing important I would miss about my son’s school day. I have had a different experience at a previous school and cannot express the importance of clear communication. Thanks for being lovely and approachable, always! The teachers all seem happy to work here which is testament to the leadership here. Keep up the good work!” (Year 3 Parent)
- “It’s been an amazing school. It’s my first experience in England and I really like what we see here. Continue to be as good as you are!” (Nursery Parent)
|What would you like to see improved or changed?
|Revitalising the PTA to help utilise parent skills
|We are working alongside current members of the Friends of Peter Hills to grow the community. We hope to host online meetings to help parents who want to take part, but have other commitments that mean they can't attend in person.
|Bring back career day!
|Please keep an eye on the half termly Dates for your Diary letter.
|Introduce end of term gatherings so parents can meet other parents.
|We encourage parents to attend all school events, to meet other parents and form social bonds in this way.
|Give parents a timetable and understanding of the curriculum so they can assist their children at home.
|All class timetables and curriculum plans are on the website, under each individual class. EYFS have class websites where the teachers update regularly. From Year 1 upwards, parents are provided with a half termly overview. Teachers and the leadership team are avaliable to discuss curriculum at any time.
|Potentially set up a group for each class where parents know what is going on weekly.
|Due to the busy nature of school life, we are unable to update on a weekly basis. However, all class timetables and curriculum plans are on the website, under each individual class. EYFS have class websites where the teachers update regularly. From Year 1 upwards, parents are provided with a half termly overview. Teachers and the leadership team are avaliable to discuss curriculum at any time.
|To help monitor adult's choice of language on the school gates at drop off and pick up.
We share concerns regarding the use of inappropriate language at the school gate. We would respectfully request that all adults act as role models for the children of our school, at all times. Please expect to be challenged on your choice of words if you choose to swear around other people's children and members of staff.