YOU SAID - WE DID!
I work and cannot always attend school events
- We began a system of emailing parents an update of their child's progress and attainment. Parents who have so far received these were happy with the added level of communication
We need more community events to bring parents and staff together
- We held a Sunday BBQ to support The London Marathon. We provided a bouncy castle, cold drinks and a safe place to view the runners. This will now become an annual instalment in the Peter Hills Calendar.
We need better communication between school and home
- Held a parent workshop on Thursday 18th January to help parents with the website, Twitter and school blogs.
- Staff utilised the school blogs and Twitter to inform parents of learning and achievements, replacing the need for a paper newsletter
- Held 'coffee mornings' to give parents a forum to discuss general issues
- Updated the 'Text2Parents' service to allow parents ability to reply to texts
- Sent half-termly letters informing parents of upcoming workshops, events and important dates