If you are interested in sending your child to Peter Hills, or would like to learn more about our happy and thriving environment, please call us on 0207 237 2654 to arrange a personal tour or for information on how to apply.
The Governing Body is responsible for the admission of pupils to Peter Hills Church of England School and admits 27 pupils to Nursery and 30 pupils to Reception each September. This admission limit has been agreed between the Governing Body and the Local Authority. All applications for reception class will be handled online through the Southwark Co-ordinated Primary School Admissions Process. Nursery applications are handled by the school.
If the school receives more applications than available, then the school’s admissions policy sets out the criteria used to allocate places.
Priority is given as follows:
- Children who have an important medical or family circumstance.
- Children whose parents have attended worship at least 2 per month over the twelve months prior to application at either
- St Mary’s, St Mary’s Church Street, SE16 4JE
- Holy Trinity, Bryan Road, SE16 5HF
- St Katherine’s, with St Bartholomew, Eugenia Road, SE16 2RA
- Children whose parents have attended worship at least 2 per month over the twelve months prior to application at at a church of a Christian denomination which is a member of Churches Together in England, or at any of the Scandinavian churches, who live within the parishes below
- The Finnish Church, 33 Albion St, SE16 7HZ
- Norwegian Church (St Olav’s), Albion Street, SE16 7HZ
- Swedish Seamen’s Church, 120 Lower Road, SE16 2UB
- Children who at the point of admission will have a brother, sister, step/half brother/sister or foster/adopted brother/sister in the school.
If the school is unable to offer a child a place, parents and carers have the right to an Appeals Committee. The School Office can provide details of this.